Skip to main content

Life's Consistent Joys












1. Pajamas.
2. Sandi Patty (especially 1997's "Artist of My Soul").
3. Meeting extraordinary people: Here's to Conly, Evan, and Maria.
4. Organic chocolate milk (I am still writing about it).
5. "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".
6. Clue, the board game and "Clue", the film.
7. Having a show that you look forward to every week... that being "Heroes" and "Smallville".
8. Seeing your new dwelling for the first time.
9. Getting paid to do that activity that you would do for free.
10. New chapters awaiting...
11. Singing for nothing other that the sheer joy of music.
12. The number 12. 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12.
13. Writing your thoughts out and expressing them to the best of your ability.
14. Naps.
15. Fedoras.
16. An excellent home-cooked meal.
17. Having love in your life.
18. Laughing like a little child with full abandonment.
19. Having a new idea burst forth in your heart and being so overwhelmed by it that you have to jot it down, thus giving it its birth to the world.
20. Creation for creation's sake: writing, coloring, dancing, daydreaming.
21. Being glad to be alive.
22. Feeling that you are liked by many people whom you also like and that Karma has heaped her blessings on you after years of the living on the side of the "not cool" coin.
23. After all the darkness, emerging light.
24. Finally, loving yourself for all the good, the bad, the grey, and the oddities therein, realizing that is who you are right then... :-)
25. Singing like an operatic woman (in falsetto).
26. Chinese Pig-Latin.
27. The word "poppet".
28. Taste buds.
29. The way clothes feel when they are fresh from the dryer.
30. Colours and their brilliance and vibrance.

(I did a top 30 without realizing it... A clever homage to my age... I shall conclude there) :-)

Wishing your own pursuit of joys:
Dustin (after Dustin Hoffman)
Ashley (after Ashley Wilkes in "Gone with the Wind")
Beam (hmmmm.... because that is my last name poppets.)

Comments

William Wallace said…
Hey there! I enjoyed your top 30. I guess in a few weeks, I need to sit down and write my top 40. Yes, I said 40. I always enjoy reading your blogs. You write so beautifully, so organically, and so sincerely! You are so beautiful to me! I am so glad that you call me friend and that I am allowed to do the same for you! Love you so much!
Meg said…
I like you.

Call me.

Miss you.

Love.

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...