Skip to main content

Medium Rare Tests, The Beacon, The Stalkee, and Black Light Pitter Patter




What a swirly day:

From taking my first test in Spanish, not my shining moment, but I took it and, well, it took me. No where to go but UP in that class,

To attending Theatre and working on a scene due Friday, nothing difficult, but unexpected,

To having the weekly lunchy lunch chow chow time with mi madre. So fun, just love how she is searching and creating and growing. Such a beacon to me she is,

To living my first Music History test, oh my when you know it you do and when you do not, there is no faking it in that class, BUT there are notes and doodles that can be made on the test... Can I get a creative Amen?

(Pausing for you to say/dance/act/be it...)

....
...
..

(Still pausing for the reticents. That is not a typo, I mean the ones who possess reticence...)

Ahh, much better.

I doodled happy and sad faces (my creations eager ernie smiley and LETHARGIC LENNY BLAH - more on those characters at some point), the Heroes symbol (which had a good season opener akin to the first season, we shall see if it finds its direction once more) and wrote some notes to the teacher. I took that test the DUSTIN way. Oh my. And test scene.

Then Stephanie and I had a little reunion and walked into

Pete Za's Playtime Pizza...

Holy Mother of Weasley, Potter, Patty, Beam, and Buffay!

I had a WOWYAYTASTICEXPIALUPER time.

Black light golf (black light pirates make my heart go pitter patter), go carts, all you can eat buffet, games, games, games, and I selected two rings and happy face stickers with my winning tickets. (Willy Wonka cue)

I felt like Andy going to Pizza Planet. Maybe pizza has to be around places where there is just fun abounding. It was a kid night and one I needed.

So, a day well lived, tests taken, but not well, medium rare tests if you will, my beacon of be yourself DNA leader, reunion with my stalkee, and just living it like there is no other way than to be present....

Winks and a grin of the cat that is Cheshire,
Dustin

PSfP:

Pic 1: This is the inside world of one Pete Za.
Pic 2: This is one of the characters in the black light world of the golf that is too fun to understand.
Pic 3: This is Pizza Planet at Walt Disney World, which I visited a few times when I worked at the WDW. "Holla" to the 90's. :-) for "holla".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin