Skip to main content

The Adult Playground (Just a Little How My Night Went And a Couple of Other Newities Note)


When I first started blogging, I just shared rather stream of consciousness notes and felt no pressure to be articulate or say anything of real merit... I just wanted to share. Now when I venture to the world of my blog I feel as though I should really have something of significance to write. I STRONGLY feel there is power in this medium and I want to put "something good" out in the internet cosmos.

However, tonight I just wanted to share the story of a drama-free, pleasant night. No frills, no deep journey, no analysis... just what happened. Read if you likey. :-)

I had a wonderful night out with my cast-mate, Stephanie, who plays Eliza in "My Fair Lady". She is such a talented, fun, true spirit... What a treat to work with her and be getting to know her.

Mmm... Star of India. It is my home away from home.

And how much fun is it to go to Barnes and Noble, get a Vanilla Steamer (or whatever drink you prefer), and look at all the goodies o' books, magazines, DVDs, etc.? It is such a comfort to spend some time there, like a grown-up playground if you will. :-)

I have a new roomie moving into tomorrow. Duvall, welcome to the Realm of the Red Door. I had the opportunity to work with him in "Les Mis" and he is a commanding energy, real, present, and sweet. I look forward to the new dynamic and making this place a home.

Also, I am going to Children's Hospital to talk with the Volunteer Services about volunteering there. (I think the fact I would be volunteering is a bit self-explanatory due to the adjective of "Volunteer", but one never knows...) I have felt called to give of my time for a while now and it feels nice to be actually following through with that desire. It is just a meeting and we need to see if I am a right fit for the place.

It was a pleasant night. I revel in new connections. Life is good.

Dustin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin