Skip to main content

Elsewhen


Yesterday was YAYrrific!

School. Likey. Again. Needed. Muchly.

(I decided that I must jump in again this term and not waste my money or time. Although I cannot possibly know what the term shall bring, it was exciting to be there early and ready to go like I was when I liked school. And I did enjoy the two classes that I have attended thus far. So this was a victorious moment for me. I need to hunker on down and study and all that mess that one does as a good student.)

Show. Great. Love. Singing.

(That is rather self-explanatory, but I often find in the third week or so, I really start "chewing" the material and find a comfortable balance of being familiar with the material and seeking to live in the moment as if I do not know where the material's journey shall lead. I love this portion of a run, where you know you can deliver and can start bathing in the nuances and actions of the character.)

Novel. Wow. Lush. Heart. New. Words.

(I am currently reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" and am enamored by Audrey Niffenegger's lush and musical writing style. I am only 61 pages in, but I am already a fan of this story and of her noteworthy talent. She used the term, "elsewhen" in the story. "...I realize he's been elsewhen.")

Elsewhen. Magical. True.

I am abandoning the parentheses for this entry. I was struck at the use of the word "elsewhen". It is a beautiful word that makes me think of some magical land called Elsewhen where unicorns drink from the fuschia lake of promise.

It also made me think how often have I been living elsewhen, not really in the moment, bounding about in the land of fantasy and whimsical daydreams instead of being PRESENT in this life. Let me articulate that I think daydreams are essential to clean and good living. I just wanted to write that saying... ha. I am a lover of imagination, but sometimes I neglect the other realm of my life.

So, yesterday, I lived in the day, enjoyed the tick-tocks as they came, and did not travel elsewhen.

And I got to talk funny like a British lad in love and get paid to do it.

Life is wonderful,
Dustin

Postscripts for poppets: I chose this picture for no other reason than it just looked "right" and fit. Perhaps it is a picture of Elsewhen, the magical realm or is a place where one can visit and bathe in the moment, let time wash over him like the gift it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin