Skip to main content

Goodbye


good-bye
1591, from godbwye (1573), itself a contraction of God be with ye, infl. by good day, good evening, etc.

I have such a problem with goodbyes... of all kinds, be it uttering that word after a show concludes, when a friend moves, when a television program ends. I am not quite sure when I developed this quirk.

Tonight I had to say "goodbye" to three people that I met during "Les Mis" and that have been such blessings in my life. I did not get much face time with them due to my schedule, but I wanted to write to them and say, that in each of their own unique ways, they made my life better and more special.

So to Becky, Elise, and Jesus (in alphabetical order -- I find that to be best), I raise my voice and say:

Job well done.
Thanks for all that you brought to my life and for making me feel valued and wonderful. You are all gems and I wish you the best and KNOW I will see you again someday soon.

A temporary aside: Chris Lomaka, thanks for the lunch. How refreshing and filling was our conversation... I love those moments and thanks for drinking it in with me.

All of these people I met because of the wonder that was/is "Les Mis" and I am still taken aback at how miraculous that show was on every level possible.

Regardless of who we all feel God is, I do hope that God is with you on your continuing expeditions and that you love, laugh, and learn (and lollipop... because everyone loves a lollipop and I love alliteration!) and that you stay safe and warm.

Love and love and love and more love that is almost embarrassing and then more love still,
Dustin Ashley
(Luna/Luno Lovegoode)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin