Skip to main content

Stranger in the Fog


I have been SO ill this week and down in spirit due to some life matters, but even in that fog, I have come to some peaceful and surprising decisions about my life. At times I have felt like a stranger in the fog, to myself, to life, to joy, but I welcomed the unfamiliar and have grown from the process. Really.

I keep writing it and saying it, but even in the chaos there is beauty if you look for it and when you do indeed discover the wonder, it is that much sweeter.

I have no voice, have missed rehearsals and have to go and run the show tonight feeling like I could fall over at any moment. There is something both intrinsically sad and hysterical about that.

Oh how life is mischievous making those too often dance hand-in-hand.

I am thankful for much and that needs to be noted. The people that are in my life are nothing short of grace and frivolity embodied.

I am making myself go to the theatre tomorrow and see "Up" as I am no longer contagious and I feel like I am a part of the Pixar machine. Sometimes it calls to me in the middle of the night (like the Billy Joel tune, but different) and answer it I do!

Peace to you poppets,
DAB

Comments

Conly said…
I am now part of the blog world.

love you.

want to see up with you.

can that happen?

feel better. smile.
Catherine said…
Dearest DAB,
So sad to hear you've been ill - had I but known I would have nursed you with chicken soup and pots of hot tea with honey and lemon.
As always, "the show must go on ..."
I anxiously await your review of "Up"
Your pal and confidant,
Catherine

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin