Skip to main content

Holiday Homage (Take Two) Part Three: Holiday Film Trailers


Since this is only my third homage and I am talking about films again, one can see how much I adore the cinema.

I love this time of year because there are many fine films that start coming out across our fine cinemas. It is the time of Oscar (not that the Winter months are the only times great films arrive, but there are traditionally a slew of them at this particular season).

Going to see a film for me is spiritual in nature. I love EVERYTHING about it: purchasing the ticket, buying the gross food (although I wish that it were less expensive), and seeing the trailers: the new stories I will soon get to see and adore adding to my long list of favourites, and then (of course) the main event itself: my cinema story of wonder. And I get to experience it with strangers, people that share only this tale as their common thread. I really think the whole thing is beautiful, I do.

On Christmas, I am viewing "Sherlock Holmes" with my Mama, Terry, Bran, Dee, and possibly Brie and her cohorts. I cannot wait to see the film and love the Christmas tradition of seeing a film with family. Usually it is just Mom and me (and Dad when he was with us, now it is Terry)... adding more to the pack is FUN to me.

Many a great film has been seen on this day: "Cold Mountain", "The Family Stone", "Enchanted" to name a few.

I also love that there are an overwhelming amount of trailers out at this time. Maybe there are always this many, but it seems that there are more shown now.

I just saw one that made me have to change my britches it was so fantastic.

"Clash of the Titans" was a film I loved and so did my brothers. Now with the advancement in technology, this remake looks like a spectacular event. It is a phenomenal trailer and I HAVE TO SEE THIS.

I love the trailers, love 'em, always will.

Take a moment and look at this beauty of what looks to be a great film!

Love,
Dustin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin