Skip to main content

Holiday Homage (Take Two) Part Two: Friends and all that Implies


Tonight Jer and Brie came over to be with me. My facebook status about my grandfather's death received 15 condolences. Wow. It is nice to know so many care about my family and me. Brie made delicious pizza rolls and we gathered and watched the last disc of season four of "Friends". (To those who are OCD about the series as I am, it is disc 16 starting with "The One with All the Haste" to "The One with Ross's Wedding")

Again I am more than grateful to the creators and actors of "Friends" for sharing stories that are therapy to me in my rough patches.

Funny thing is: I slept through most of the viewing and would only wake up and laugh and agree with Phoebe's humour. I just NEEDED to be around my dear friends.

Thank you to Jer for being there through it all and for being the definition of lifelong friendship,

Thank you to Brie for being back in my life and for being amazing and such a chef.

So in this Holiday season where I am determined to dwell in the joy, I wanted to write that they are my family, my heart, and my endless joy embodied.

Dustin

Comments

Unknown said…
That is the sweetest thing ever! Thank you for the compliments and I am so happy that you are back in my life as well. It has been wonderful spending all this time with you. We must never part again. Christmas shall be wonderful just like Thanksgiving, we will make sure of it! Love you honey!

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin