Skip to main content

A Belated Note of Appreciation to the Todds and The Spells






Here are a few more random pictures from "Sweeney" and "G'spell". I traditionally write everyone a card and present it to each member of the cast on opening night, but this summer I was so concentrated on the work and delivering that I did not do that. Instead, I am sending an email to the casts of both "Sweeney" and "Godspell" and I thought that I would post it here as it was such a wonderful summer.

I will write more about the beauty that is "Les Mis" soon poppets....

Here it is:

Although I am not a fan of mass correspondence, I wanted to write to you fine people with whom I spent my theatrical summer. Both the "Sweeney" and "Godspell" experiences were a beautiful homecoming to musical theatre after a three-year hiatus.
Thanks for generously giving both onstage and off in scenes, songs, validation, time, and support. It was my pleasure to work with you and get to know some of your stories.
These productions rekindled my passion for performing musical theatre and I know I will look back on this summer fondly as a new launching point of a potential musical theatre career. (At least I am determined to try again.)
The most unexpected blessing of all was that I was able to have an active communication with my beloved Dad through the magic of live theatre. And I know the spirit of my Father brought new hues to our performances.
It was my distinct honour dear ones, my distinct honour.

With the utmost of gratitude,

Dustin Ashley Beam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin