Skip to main content

On Board with the Obama-Wing, but Never Fulling Saying Goodbye to My Woman-In -Chief, The Incomparable Hillary Clinton










Jeers to campaigns that use fear tactics to garner favour for their candidate. Cheers to "The Daily Show" for funny and apt representation of the Republican's double standard on Palin and experience. I respect those whose views differ from my own if there is a mutual respect.

In fact, I grew up with the notion that you vote for the candidate and not the party. My Mother would traditionally vote Democrat and my Father would vote Republican, but they were interested in the issues. In the past few years I have become more anti-Republican because of the fear used in the campaigns closely akin to the fear in fundamentalist religions that scare you into believing in Jesus because of the fiery alternative. When "W" ran for re-election (and I am agog that he won AGAIN... head-scratcher there) he discussed gays and their rights to marriage. He was going to "save" marriage. Yet, he did very little to nothing about this when he was re-elected. He merely used it as a tool to get those on the right who fear "the gays" (like a family down the street who invites you over to play Cranium) to vote for him. I would have respected him more had he actually sought change that he believed was "right".

I have been open about being a Hillary lover and I was saddened when she did not win the Democratic nomination. However, when I watched Obama's acceptance speech the other night, I heard "The West Wing" theme in my head.

But, this is real life.

That is exciting.

It is time for a change and while I do not believe that everything will be changed with this man, I do believe that it is TIME to try something, anything new. He is commanding, articulate, and wants to bring hope and the dream of America back alive. I am happy that it is real and not something Aaron Sorkin wrote. My President for the last eight years has been Jed Bartlett.
It is my sincere hope that we do not re-elect McCain for I feel we as a nation have some repair work to restore our nation's respectability in the global market.

So I agree with what my Woman-In-Chief said, "No way, no how, no McCain!"

Here's to Hillary for a valiant effort and to her passion, intelligence, and running a campaign that was difficult at best to navigate the gender card and having a spouse as a former President. I shall always love Hillary and I know that she is poised to make some change of her own. I deeply respect her and tip my hat to her.

And here's to "The Daily Show" for calling out the blatant lack of consistency from prominent Republicans and their "values".

And here's to Obama.... the man for whom I shall cast my ballot in November.

Be well and I hope that you are making a concerted effort to be aware of this election and history-making bid for the leader of our Great Land,

Me, the Blogger Extraordinaire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin