Skip to main content

Change... Goodnight, Gracie


The sight of a house in the midst of packing for a move is sad. In a few weeks much of my life shall change... where I will be living, with whom I live, the job that pays the bills, etc. It is no wonder I enjoy my little fantasies of "Heroes", "Smallville", "Friends", and "Brothers and Sisters". They are my constant and a comforting world in which I can escape.

It has been change, change, change for a while. I look forward to breathing again. It is my concerted hope to create some rituals for the upcoming Holiday season to bring the magic back to life after the past two year's darkness. I love the Fall and cannot wait to bask in it's splendor.

"Heroes" was spectacular. Enthralling. They know how to spin a tale.

I am off to nap before show number two of a four show weekend. "Les Mis" can deflate the energy sails. I love performing, but it will be nice to be "me" for a few months.

After the show, someone inquired if I was Anthony in "Sweeney". It is always flattering to have someone talk about past work at a current production. (Aside: Would it not be funny for the ghosts of the students to walk in with different items during "Empty Chairs.."? We could make that the product portion of the show. I opt for bringing in toilet paper because of its universality and because it is ha ha humorous. :-)

It would be nice to have this election season come to its conclusion. I am politically fatigued. Obama is the man, period.

I dedicate this to Gracie, the coolest cat I have ever met and one I shall miss... forever. "So, goodnight Gracie..."

Off to slumber poppets,
dab

Comments

Meg said…
Change can be one of the hardest things to go through, but I've often found that once you've pushed your way through, when you look back you realize it has often times made you a stronger person.

It is really nice to be recognized for past work, I had someone come up to me after Godspell had been over for some time, and ask if I was the girl who sang "Day by Day".

Was Gracie Jay and Karen's cat? If so I'm terribly sad that she died, even though I never met her. :( *thats my sad face*

Miss you! Heart you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin