Skip to main content

So. Much. Fun.



Duvall, Jamie, Mikah, and I went to the Arkansas State Fair this evening.

So.
Much.
Fun.

Rides.
Screams.
Fries with cheese in a BUCKET.
A beef sundae. (It looks like a real sundae but is beef, mashed potatoes, and a tomato.)

The food was so gross that it looped around to being healthy.

Right before Duvall and I launched into our wonderdom of riding the Fireball, the "carnie" told us he hated his "motherfucking" job and said that we were the last place on his "tour" and he would be disassembling this ride for a "better version" or "a new part" or something of that nature. Then there was an ellipsis moment and he stammered that there was nothing wrong with the ride per se, but that this "new part" would merely make it where he did not have to climb as much. Then we were rocketed into our thrill ride avenue of playocity.

We then listened to a band called Tragikly White. They sang everything from "Thriller" to "Baby Got Back" to "Sweet Home Alabama". They were wonderful and so much fun to watch on the stage. They are playing at the Afterthought in a bit and I plan on visiting since it is a few blocks from mi casa. Ah, look at that Spanish education paying off there. And, FYI, I did research the band online when I got home. They made that much of an impression.

As we were exiting the park, I could not help but feel a sense of nostalgia I could not quite label; I felt connected to my inner child and was transfixed by the bright lights of the ferris wheel against the royal blue Autumn sky. It made me smile and feel like all my cares, all of the adult shit I carry around, had taken a much-needed nap.

So.
Much.
Fun.

I also saw "Paranormal Activity" with Megan. All I will say is: Go and see it. I am not a fan of the recent horror films for they are not scary, but this is. really.

Thanks to Duvall for having the idea to go to the fair, and for Jamie and Mikah for playing with me. And to the inventor of the beef sundae, I salute you.

I did not know that I liked the fair, but I do poppets, I do!

So.
Much.
Fun.

Love.
Heartitude.

Dustin.

Comments

Meg said…
I was scared to be home by myself.

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin