Skip to main content

I Will Still Sing for You (Farewell... For Now)





I stumbled into blog writing.
It was fun and made me feel special - sharing my thoughts and dreams and hardships was cathartic.

I feel like I have learned much in the past years and have written as honestly as I knew how to articulate.

The past few months have been the hardest of my life and I have shared a bit of that with you, I have spoken with a counselor, I have started taking medication, I have made some progress.

But, still there are times getting out of bed seems literally impossible.
Times when the panic drowns me.

So, I am simplifying my life and withdrawing from school, focusing on work and paying bills (something that I have not done in some time), and looking at my physical and mental health.

It is time to discover why I am preventing myself from greatness and what factors are in me that I can change.

I have no idea how to do this.

But admitting that I am lost, feeling broken no matter what I do, that when I am happy I am merely waiting for the time that the happiness fades, and saying, "There has to be another way."

So I am doing things that I can do well and say, "Job well done".

And I am a seeker of my truth, something I thought I knew, but has escaped my sight.

And my belief has atrophied.

Rest assured I am better than I was a couple months ago.

But I know I can do a lot and can be someone I respect.

So, I am leaving the blog until I can return to write musings that are not the same patterns, the same note.

I need to journal for myself and cuddle with the words alone, I need to learn me all over again, I need to let go of the pain of a relationship that I so wanted to work and ended with being spit upon, I just need to...

I will end with two song quotes, one that I heard today for the first time (from Sandi) and one I have loved for years. I find both are applicable and the lyrics are my heart, and what I have to do and believe. I miss talking to God, I miss a lot of things.

Where Do I Go From Here
(From "Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World)

The Earth is cold, the fields are bare,
The branches fold against the wind that's everywhere.
The birds move on so they survive,
When snow's so deep the bears all sleep to keep themselves alive.
They do what they must for now, and trust in their plan.
If I trust in mine somehow I might find who I am.

But where do I go from here?
So many voices ringing in my ear,
Which is the voice that I was meant to hear?
How will I know where do I go from here?

My world has changed, and so have I.
I've learned to choose and even learned to say goodbye,
The path ahead's so hard to see.
It winds and bends, but where it ends depends on only me.
In my heart I don't feel part of so much I've known.
Now it seems it's time to start a new life on my own,

But where do I go from here?
So many voices ringing in my ear.
Which is the voice I was meant to hear?
How will I know, where do I go
From here?

The Edge of the Divine (Sandi Patty)
I'm looking over the edge
I see you waiting for me
Eyes open, face to the wind
Your arms are reaching for me
These chains have held me here
Bound up in lies
But you say it's time I should fly

From the edge of the divine
I can leap into your arms
And your love will catch me
Unafraid to fall into everything you are
Leave the past behind me
I am flying
From the edge of the divine

I've spent too much precious time
Rehearsing memories and loss
That your blood has covered but I,
I must leave it at the cross
Doubt whispers in my ear
Is it safe beyond these tears?
If I should fly into the wonder of Your mercy
Into the fullness of Your Love
I am a child who's been forgiven
And You are enough
Unafraid to fall into everything you are
Leave the past behind me
I am flying
From the edge of the divine

I thank you for reading and caring.
I give you my love and through the wordless times ahead, I will still sing for you.

Farewell... for now,
Dustin

Comments

Cioara Andrei said…
Foarte interesant subiectul acesta.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place tare mult.Cu siguranta am sa mai revin. O zi buna!

Popular posts from this blog

The Leprechaun Loving Lush

Tonight I got snockered with some bombastic leprechauns, dabbled in the cuisine of Acadia, conversed with some drunk oddities, called and text people in quite a state of lowered inhibitions/let's talk about life and giggle, and discussed trivial matters (Is "Sweeney Todd" actually a good film, why do I like "Twilight", etc.) as if life depended on how I articulated my stance in these matters. What an odd, fun, new, out-of-the-comfort zone night for me. Gloriously uncomfortable and disgusting decadent. YAY. Every day I seem to be doing something I have never done before: from the tiny to the grand. It is an experiment and I am loving and loathing it, and all the intoxicating in-betweens. (Yes, not-so-clever pun intended.) I hope that everyone had a wonderful St. Patty's day! (oh my, that is like Sandi Patty, but not at all...) Love, The DABalicious Leprechaun Loving Lush

Much Needed Silence

The past few days I have liked the darkness, the silence of my room. I have not come out much and have watched "Sleepless in Seattle" over and over and over and over. I started wondering why I want to be alone (I am not depressed at all) and started doing the roommate math. I have lived with 41 different people in my life. I have lived in 21 different living environments not including all the different times I moved around with my family as a kid. I have hit a wall where I just want ME time and a lot of it, no talking, no sharing, just alone time. In this much needed silence I find that I am a much simpler person than I once was, that I really love the quiet, and that it is time to live alone soon. I have done the roomie thing more than anyone I know and met some wonderful people, but I am overloaded with that experience. So, back to "Sleepless in Seattle" and my much needed silence. Dustin

And With This, Farewell

This blog has been a dear friend to me. I am not good at farewells, but truly this is anything but. I look at it like this - I love the phoenix, the symbolism of it all, the power of rebirth. Hence why I named my blog/musing screen after one. :-) So, I am leaving this particular blog to start another one, one that fits me NOW, the one that I can share in a new way. So this feels right. Thanks to those who have read my musings throughout the years. I hope you follow me to my new musing home entitled THE TWELVE THAT IS DUSTIN BAYLAN. Yes, I am changing the name, the story of that is on the new blog for you to read. Here is the link: http://dustinbaylan.wordpress.com/ Much love, much hope and joy again, much potential... Winks and smiles of the Cat that is Cheshire, Dustin Baylan