Skip to main content

Speechless





Although I feel speechless about the enormity of the past week, I shall do my best to make some sense here in this moment where I find myself blessed, humbled, redefined, and fatigued.

Sheabuttah: What a distinct honour. You made Johanna easy, easy, easy to love. What a wonderful reciprocity of energy.

Anthony: Yes, I know that you are a "character", but somewhere in a realm we do not quite fathom you exist and, from time to time, allow men like me to familarize ourselves with your story. I shall miss you, really I shall. To get to live your story for the past few months has been a dream come true.

I have had more validation for this role than ever. Although that touches me more than I know how to describe, I am elated that I feel like I am an actor and that through one of the most draining and intoxicatingly beautiful weeks of my life I was able to recreate the work and finally discover who Anthony is. Oh - How I wish these were just previews, but, alas, this production has ended. Maybe I shall get another opportunity to attend the tale.

I have this insatiable thirst for theatre and acting that I do not think I have owned until now. It is as if I know, "This is what I am supposed to do." There is such serenity in really discovering that and letting go of the fear and answering back, "I am ready. Where the journey takes me, I know not, but I shall start walking." And what glorious steps they have been my friends.

(And this is me being speechless)

I have profoundly changed the past few weeks due to Anthony and the necessary and cathartic analysis I underwent to do his story justice.

I have never been this happy in my entire life.... ever.

It feels (insert word that is not created yet).

On June 23rd I had the most magical night... I hope there are more to come. If not, I finally tasted how "that" is supposed to feel.

Duly grateful,

Dustin "Anthony"

P.S. And for once I did "dock it straight".
And blog scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin