Skip to main content

Coo


I spent the night being a pigeon. Theatre is such a bizarre zoo, it really is.

I am EXHAUSTED due to traveling hours on end and doing the final shows of the tour and rehearsing for "The Producers". Simply dragging, but cannot really appear so because I have to be professional and ready to go. Yikes...

It has been an odd first week of rehearsal for a slew of reasons. First, there is a cast member with whom I have previous baggage and that always is FUN. Second, I was unaware that the interns that started a week prior to the show would be full on rehearsing, thus when I entered the scene (and a few other non-interns) I would feel unprepared and unbonded. Hee... I know that is not a word, but I so enjoy creating new ones. So to walk into that situation has been uncomfortable, but certainly not insurmountable. I just need this Monday and Tuesday break to rest the mind, heart, and study my different characters and acquaint myself with who they are and how they breathe.

My voice is just drooping from the singing... I can hear it saying, "Please give me a nap. I want to be good, I want to but I cannot with what you are asking me to do."

I shall honour that request soon.

It seems a consistent theme in my life to have periods of time where I am lying down, watching "Friends" and in my daydreams for hours to never having a moment to rest and running myself ragged.

Well, the positive spin on this is that I have been a WORKING actor all of 2009 and shall be until September for I have another role after "Producers".

I must say that feels validating and AWESOME.

I miss my Mom and cannot wait to see her this weekend and see the Trek once more. I have missed it and I think that he has missed me too. I can feel it deep in my Trekkie/Trekker soul.

Floss. I have been slacking and my gums are ninja chopping my ass right now.

Winks and smiles,
The Crimson Phoenix (That being me, the Dustin)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin