Skip to main content

Arkansas. Pride. Yo.


I love that it now snows in Arkansas.
Yes, this state is ill-equipped for the snowy, icy greatness. And I often get tickled at how packed our grocery stores become when the weatherman even hints there MIGHT be a CHANCE of snow. That 20% percent is reason to buy three gallons of milk and more food you could eat in seven days of the treacherous white weather.

I for one like to think that Arkansas is just having a good Winter season and wants to shower us in something a little different, like he is saying, "I may have been around since 1836, but I still have new tricks, We elected a man into office that is all about 'change' and, you know what, I can be too."

(Until now I did not know that Arkansas was an Obama supporter. I like to think he was actually a Hillary state - for obvious reasons - but voted for Obama and has since come on board for the President.)

So, it is snowing again and I must say that I, unlike some of my Arkansan pals who are complaining about the white magic, LOVE it and hope it continues. There is something right about snow, something that invites you to be a kid and play and forget and bask in the white wonder. (Aren't you impressed with how many ways I concocted to say snow with "white" as the adjective? Well, I am.)

So here's to Arkansas, my homeboy, my state of birth, my home trying new things and supporting the "change". I am on board and I will always love you baby.

Arkansas.
Pride.
Yo.

Comments

Southern Lass said…
Do you remember that time it iced really bad and we tried to go walking around the neighborhood? I am fairly certain we both busted it and it took forever to get up! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin