Skip to main content

So. Much. Fun.



Duvall, Jamie, Mikah, and I went to the Arkansas State Fair this evening.

So.
Much.
Fun.

Rides.
Screams.
Fries with cheese in a BUCKET.
A beef sundae. (It looks like a real sundae but is beef, mashed potatoes, and a tomato.)

The food was so gross that it looped around to being healthy.

Right before Duvall and I launched into our wonderdom of riding the Fireball, the "carnie" told us he hated his "motherfucking" job and said that we were the last place on his "tour" and he would be disassembling this ride for a "better version" or "a new part" or something of that nature. Then there was an ellipsis moment and he stammered that there was nothing wrong with the ride per se, but that this "new part" would merely make it where he did not have to climb as much. Then we were rocketed into our thrill ride avenue of playocity.

We then listened to a band called Tragikly White. They sang everything from "Thriller" to "Baby Got Back" to "Sweet Home Alabama". They were wonderful and so much fun to watch on the stage. They are playing at the Afterthought in a bit and I plan on visiting since it is a few blocks from mi casa. Ah, look at that Spanish education paying off there. And, FYI, I did research the band online when I got home. They made that much of an impression.

As we were exiting the park, I could not help but feel a sense of nostalgia I could not quite label; I felt connected to my inner child and was transfixed by the bright lights of the ferris wheel against the royal blue Autumn sky. It made me smile and feel like all my cares, all of the adult shit I carry around, had taken a much-needed nap.

So.
Much.
Fun.

I also saw "Paranormal Activity" with Megan. All I will say is: Go and see it. I am not a fan of the recent horror films for they are not scary, but this is. really.

Thanks to Duvall for having the idea to go to the fair, and for Jamie and Mikah for playing with me. And to the inventor of the beef sundae, I salute you.

I did not know that I liked the fair, but I do poppets, I do!

So.
Much.
Fun.

Love.
Heartitude.

Dustin.

Comments

Meg said…
I was scared to be home by myself.

Popular posts from this blog

The Leprechaun Loving Lush

Tonight I got snockered with some bombastic leprechauns, dabbled in the cuisine of Acadia, conversed with some drunk oddities, called and text people in quite a state of lowered inhibitions/let's talk about life and giggle, and discussed trivial matters (Is "Sweeney Todd" actually a good film, why do I like "Twilight", etc.) as if life depended on how I articulated my stance in these matters. What an odd, fun, new, out-of-the-comfort zone night for me. Gloriously uncomfortable and disgusting decadent. YAY. Every day I seem to be doing something I have never done before: from the tiny to the grand. It is an experiment and I am loving and loathing it, and all the intoxicating in-betweens. (Yes, not-so-clever pun intended.) I hope that everyone had a wonderful St. Patty's day! (oh my, that is like Sandi Patty, but not at all...) Love, The DABalicious Leprechaun Loving Lush

And With This, Farewell

This blog has been a dear friend to me. I am not good at farewells, but truly this is anything but. I look at it like this - I love the phoenix, the symbolism of it all, the power of rebirth. Hence why I named my blog/musing screen after one. :-) So, I am leaving this particular blog to start another one, one that fits me NOW, the one that I can share in a new way. So this feels right. Thanks to those who have read my musings throughout the years. I hope you follow me to my new musing home entitled THE TWELVE THAT IS DUSTIN BAYLAN. Yes, I am changing the name, the story of that is on the new blog for you to read. Here is the link: http://dustinbaylan.wordpress.com/ Much love, much hope and joy again, much potential... Winks and smiles of the Cat that is Cheshire, Dustin Baylan

beautiful... semantic... choices... unfurled

myriad cornucopia plethora literally audacious entrancing vestibule dance periwinkle crimson altruism blueberry + muffin organic journey twilight hero hue cuddle pajamas heartened cadence intertwine kaleidoscope soliathero fathom innate perplexing labyrinth unrequited world flourish arise focus kindred besmirch indicative plenary wind-chime fluidity curiosity colours music harmony resolve .... poppet in the words i find solace, escape, expression, and boldness... in the blanket of these words i find... me... dustin