Skip to main content

Holiday Homage Part Two: Jeremy Ricketson, my Soliathero







I write. It is as normal to me as breathing. Sometimes the writings are better than others and sometimes the writing is longer than others, but it is how I express myself and I am drawn to self expression often.

There is NO OTHER person on the planet that gets that or gets WHO I AM better than

JEREMY KEITH JONES RICKETSON. 

When talking, writing, or thinking about him I find myself at a loss for words.  And that is NOT a normal situation in my world.

We have been friends for 20 years.  That is 2/3 of our lives.  
There are two components of why I like him:

SELFISH
He has been there for me during a hard breakup, my Dad's death, hours of conversation, validating performances, writings, songs, poems, thoughts, EVERYTHING.

BECAUSE OF HIS IMPECCABLE CHARACTER:
He embodies...
compassion,
calming energy,
wit,
intelligence,
truth,
reality,
talent,
childlike wonder,
and 
LOVE.

He is my greatest ally in my journeys and shall forever be.  There are many times when I like to vanish and be alone and process this chaos and triumph of my life, but he is the LONE person that always has an invitation.  

He makes my world beautiful and I love him more that I love anyone. In fact, he redefined that word for me.

He is not a showy type of guy.  He is one that some do not notice because he is what he is: a subtle but breathtaking marvel, an enigmatic blend of honesty, whimsy, and adoration.  If anyone lets him in, he will be there for you no questions asked, no matter what.

This past summer my heart has delighted because he found a boyfriend and people in the theatre community have embraced his talents and seen him, really SEEN him.  (In the past sometimes that has not been the case because I can tend to fill a room.)  I bask in his newfound success and affirmations.  

He has no idea the trust or respect that he engenders.  His quiet resolve and inner strength have been a beacon to me in the past years and I could devote all my writing to him and not capture the MIRACLE that is Jeremy.

We are like the same coin, but just different sides, forever connected, forever friends.

Jeremy, you are my soliathero (He is beyond mere words so I created one last year around this time), my best friend, my brother, my everything, and I am blessed to know you, to love you, and to have you grace my life the way you do.

Wishing everyone their own Jeremy, 
Dustin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin