Skip to main content

Breathe





I just had a conversation with an online friend who does not believe that he could ever come out and tell the truth about being gay.

Goodness, how that journey has profoundly changed me. I am glad that I was AFFORDED the OPPORTUNITY to be gay, and that I learned to love myself more profoundly and thus love others more profoundly in the process.

As I was writing to him about the truths I have met during the last 14 years (it has been that long - wow), I was struck by the fact that if we believe, all is possible. Although I am out and am not in his particular lesson, I can learn from his present and from my past.

I told him:

YOU create YOU.
You may have forgotten Faith, but he has not forgotten you.

Somewhere most of us stop believing in something, which starts the trend to stop believing in somethings. We learn to discount, over-analyze, and do what we are taught.

But we create the world around us. And our ability to transform is limitless, if we believe that it is.

For example, I have talked to many men in the hopes of finding connection, but I have lost sight of why I wanted it in the first place. I have literally created a world in which I seek connection and have not given connection a chance to make it through my mad dash of trying. I am not undermining myself, I have had some little shits come my way, but I need to breathe and realize,

I can make or have all I want if I so choose.
So, in this musing, right here and now, I write that I choose to believe in me, my power, my potential, my faith, and that when life's brambles scratch us, it is not but a surface wound...

I do not love groups the way I used to,
I do not need the validation from the stage the way I once did,
I do not know what path to choose in my career,
I am tired of feeling powerless when Change rings the soul door bell,
I like being alone a lot,
I do not really want to entertain like I used to,
and you know what....

that is okay...

I derive strength from within,
I have garnered a lifetime's worth of applause in a mere thirty one years (what a blessing),
The path is new, but I am daring enough to take it or them,
I chose to look at myself as powerless, but now I see that changes happen and if they are difficult, I can choose to survey them at my leisure and how I see fit, and in some capacity I have drawn them to me... I am powerful and only I can make myself otherwise,
I have met a lifetime's worth of friends, family, co-workers, and potentials (again, what a blessing),
And it is fine if I leave the jester's cap at home.

I am calling myself into new routines, new possibilities, all deriving from my need to be organically Dustin Ashley Beam.

I am the artist of my perception, and although these concepts can be overwhelming and fatiguing, I can always breathe and take a nap.

If we are organically ourselves, we give others the courage to be as well.

Let that be my legacy, that I was (am) ME... for good, for bad, for odd, for change.

Love,
Dustin

Comments

Jordan LaSalle said…
Wow...I think I will go breathe and take a nap now.....whew!

Popular posts from this blog

The Leprechaun Loving Lush

Tonight I got snockered with some bombastic leprechauns, dabbled in the cuisine of Acadia, conversed with some drunk oddities, called and text people in quite a state of lowered inhibitions/let's talk about life and giggle, and discussed trivial matters (Is "Sweeney Todd" actually a good film, why do I like "Twilight", etc.) as if life depended on how I articulated my stance in these matters. What an odd, fun, new, out-of-the-comfort zone night for me. Gloriously uncomfortable and disgusting decadent. YAY. Every day I seem to be doing something I have never done before: from the tiny to the grand. It is an experiment and I am loving and loathing it, and all the intoxicating in-betweens. (Yes, not-so-clever pun intended.) I hope that everyone had a wonderful St. Patty's day! (oh my, that is like Sandi Patty, but not at all...) Love, The DABalicious Leprechaun Loving Lush

And With This, Farewell

This blog has been a dear friend to me. I am not good at farewells, but truly this is anything but. I look at it like this - I love the phoenix, the symbolism of it all, the power of rebirth. Hence why I named my blog/musing screen after one. :-) So, I am leaving this particular blog to start another one, one that fits me NOW, the one that I can share in a new way. So this feels right. Thanks to those who have read my musings throughout the years. I hope you follow me to my new musing home entitled THE TWELVE THAT IS DUSTIN BAYLAN. Yes, I am changing the name, the story of that is on the new blog for you to read. Here is the link: http://dustinbaylan.wordpress.com/ Much love, much hope and joy again, much potential... Winks and smiles of the Cat that is Cheshire, Dustin Baylan

beautiful... semantic... choices... unfurled

myriad cornucopia plethora literally audacious entrancing vestibule dance periwinkle crimson altruism blueberry + muffin organic journey twilight hero hue cuddle pajamas heartened cadence intertwine kaleidoscope soliathero fathom innate perplexing labyrinth unrequited world flourish arise focus kindred besmirch indicative plenary wind-chime fluidity curiosity colours music harmony resolve .... poppet in the words i find solace, escape, expression, and boldness... in the blanket of these words i find... me... dustin