Skip to main content

Tasting Divinity







I can become so overwhelmed by the beauty of art: be it song, film, story, painting, and all the events/things that have the potential to be "art" if we allow them to be borne in our hearts, to really be experienced. When we allow ourselves to SEE these art-forms, I taste divinity, I do... sometimes in the oddest of forms, but there it is, smiling at me welcoming me home. :-)

After some days of just shitty shitness (which was, frankly, part "The World" and part "Dustin's baggage shimmeying its junk"), it was HEALING to tune into "Glee" tonight and see/hear songs from Heart, Kander and Ebb, Carrie Underwood, and Queen.

What?!

In one show, and, for the record, I am a Kristin Chenoweth fan.

I will keep saying it and writing it, but "Glee" makes my soul giggle. Such a tender and fun warmth, playing in the schoolyard, deep-gutted frivolity.

And:
Queen - I am not a band person per se, I have nothing against them, but tend to be more of a solo singer man... Queen is not a band, but a rite of passage. Wow. I loved the "Glee" arrangement.

Carrie Underwood - I adore her and "Last Name" and getting to see Kristin sing it whilst her character is drunk... too damn much!

Kander and Ebb - some of my favourite musical theatre composers and having it toggle between the two ladies... mmm mmm musical magic.

"Alone" by Heart - I love this tune, I love it every damn time and you better believe I have already been shaking it and lipsynching with a pencil ala my microphone... Kristin KILLS this one.

Needless to say/write (swrite) I shall be buying the first "Glee" soundtrack due out November 3rd, along with Carrie Underwood's new CD. Funny how that works, huh?

Now to discuss a show that SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CANCELED... and one that is in my top five shows of all time:

"Pushing Daisies".

I have discussed it on here a few times, but I finished the series tonight and I have to say it is a class act. The witty banter, dialogue, the score which is a character unto itself, the cast, the colours, the sets, the costumes... the Ned (who is my husband and he can touch me for I never died...)

To me, it is perfection. In fact, if you want a glimpse into how I wish the world looked/operated, etc., watch that show. It is romantic, odd, charming, unique, macabre in a winking way, and delicious.

That show speaks to me and is a spiritual good time. I adore a lot of shows, but there are myriad tiers. "Pushing Daisies" is in the top tier and shall remain. If you have not seen it, invest in it, you will be grateful.

I am blessed tonight for two television shows, for music that makes me shake it and cry, for living in a world that created these products, and for so much more.

I hope you have your comfort spiritualisms and that you hold them tightly and smile from those inner child, life-is-anything-you-want-it-to-be places.

September tossed me about a bit, from deciding what I want to do to saying goodbye to a string of musicals to being a student again to deciding if I want to live alone to finding solace in being single... etc... etc...

It was by no means an easy month, but one that I needed.

I bid you adieu September and welcome my favourite month, October.

Thanks for reading and for sharing your time with me,
Dustin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Leprechaun Loving Lush

Tonight I got snockered with some bombastic leprechauns, dabbled in the cuisine of Acadia, conversed with some drunk oddities, called and text people in quite a state of lowered inhibitions/let's talk about life and giggle, and discussed trivial matters (Is "Sweeney Todd" actually a good film, why do I like "Twilight", etc.) as if life depended on how I articulated my stance in these matters. What an odd, fun, new, out-of-the-comfort zone night for me. Gloriously uncomfortable and disgusting decadent. YAY. Every day I seem to be doing something I have never done before: from the tiny to the grand. It is an experiment and I am loving and loathing it, and all the intoxicating in-betweens. (Yes, not-so-clever pun intended.) I hope that everyone had a wonderful St. Patty's day! (oh my, that is like Sandi Patty, but not at all...) Love, The DABalicious Leprechaun Loving Lush

And With This, Farewell

This blog has been a dear friend to me. I am not good at farewells, but truly this is anything but. I look at it like this - I love the phoenix, the symbolism of it all, the power of rebirth. Hence why I named my blog/musing screen after one. :-) So, I am leaving this particular blog to start another one, one that fits me NOW, the one that I can share in a new way. So this feels right. Thanks to those who have read my musings throughout the years. I hope you follow me to my new musing home entitled THE TWELVE THAT IS DUSTIN BAYLAN. Yes, I am changing the name, the story of that is on the new blog for you to read. Here is the link: http://dustinbaylan.wordpress.com/ Much love, much hope and joy again, much potential... Winks and smiles of the Cat that is Cheshire, Dustin Baylan

Much Needed Silence

The past few days I have liked the darkness, the silence of my room. I have not come out much and have watched "Sleepless in Seattle" over and over and over and over. I started wondering why I want to be alone (I am not depressed at all) and started doing the roommate math. I have lived with 41 different people in my life. I have lived in 21 different living environments not including all the different times I moved around with my family as a kid. I have hit a wall where I just want ME time and a lot of it, no talking, no sharing, just alone time. In this much needed silence I find that I am a much simpler person than I once was, that I really love the quiet, and that it is time to live alone soon. I have done the roomie thing more than anyone I know and met some wonderful people, but I am overloaded with that experience. So, back to "Sleepless in Seattle" and my much needed silence. Dustin