Skip to main content

From Within, Invent You


Outside, rain falls as it has often in our humble Natural State this year, much rain, much grey.

I have really begun to love the rain.

It has been a mirror of my travels, the cleansing, the nurturing of new soil for what lies ahead.

I met with Kristina, the Bulgarian Wonder Beautiful Dreamer Enigma and we ate, talked, and shopped. I found some IMPECCABLE deals for Christmas and bought my Mama and others a gift. How fun is that?

We also stumbled into an art gallery and I was transfixed by how remarkable talents can blend colours and create a glimpse into their story, their world. I am thinking about art more as I am about to change one of the minors to art: scary, fun, and huhtastic.

I adore Kristina and understand her troubles and hopes, being single, wanting to make music, and trying to find who you want to be when there are overwhelming potentials. What a problem to have, but she is a genius.

We discussed music, trying to create a company for us so we can entertain at parties and such... and it was BLISS to start talking recording times, schedules, collaborations, setting aside times for the gigs to debut the Phoenix.

Oh, it is going to happen, I can feel it.
And I meet with a possible producer and collaborator Thursday. After trying to move this process along, it is nice to see that it is moving at its own pace and this project will come to fruition.

You have to put that shit out in the world, so world:

In October of 2010, "Playground of a Phoenix" will take its flight, enabling those who partake to hear who I have been and who I am becoming in the guise of odd, truthful, and ME songs. It is so exciting to plan when and where to record, photography, posters, liner notes (my fav), possible music videos (yes, fun and odd, two planned so far), a venue, and artwork for the design. Then off to Youtube and dustinashleybeam.com

Me with a dot com, I like it.

Life is really moving and I am along for the ride, occasionally driving, navigating, or re-writing the map along side Passion and Courage. Tenacity naps in the back seat and stirs at the most unforeseen moments.

I will conclude this musing with a quote I adore. May you realize your opportunities and the power you have within to invent YOU.

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

Anonymous said…
Simply put, I love your blog, love your writing style, but mostly I'm always enchanted by who you are.
Love,
Your #1 Fan
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin