Skip to main content

The Pulse of Why


Do you ever have those days where your soul is adrift and taken a sudden whim to float in the cosmos leaving the shell here on earth behind. On those days you feel just like that, a shell.

Today is one of those days.

I am returning to the land of the Wickerians and Candlelonians known as Pier 1. I note how I am back at the church singing and back at the retail establishment I first worked when I arrived back home in 2005.

Sometimes life just overwhelms. I am in the thick of school and assignments and singing again and working, nothing other people do not do, but it has gotten to me. My mind feels murky, my instincts shot a bit.

I attended my weekly "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Big Bang Theory" watch party with SycaMoore (Ian) and had a grand ole time. Vodka of the Grey Goose variety help tremendously. Truly.

I am conscious of the life shifts in my days and recently, seemingly out of the blue, there has been one hell of a life shift. I find myself more reflective and conscious of what is happening around me and, quite frankly, that is saying (writing) something.

I feel outside of my own skin in a way, hard to articulate, but true nonetheless.

Demons I thought long gone chime in with their mischievous refrain; doubts I felt long subsided cling to my hopes. There is joy and I am blessed to be a vessel of that oftentimes, but it has been an odd day. Odder still for I cannot place my finger on the pulse of why.

On the Pulse of WHY...

How often that world permeates our fears, our dreams, our walks, our needs, our futures, our faith...

Until I know I will search for the pulse of why...

Love,
Dustin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Leprechaun Loving Lush

Tonight I got snockered with some bombastic leprechauns, dabbled in the cuisine of Acadia, conversed with some drunk oddities, called and text people in quite a state of lowered inhibitions/let's talk about life and giggle, and discussed trivial matters (Is "Sweeney Todd" actually a good film, why do I like "Twilight", etc.) as if life depended on how I articulated my stance in these matters. What an odd, fun, new, out-of-the-comfort zone night for me. Gloriously uncomfortable and disgusting decadent. YAY. Every day I seem to be doing something I have never done before: from the tiny to the grand. It is an experiment and I am loving and loathing it, and all the intoxicating in-betweens. (Yes, not-so-clever pun intended.) I hope that everyone had a wonderful St. Patty's day! (oh my, that is like Sandi Patty, but not at all...) Love, The DABalicious Leprechaun Loving Lush

And With This, Farewell

This blog has been a dear friend to me. I am not good at farewells, but truly this is anything but. I look at it like this - I love the phoenix, the symbolism of it all, the power of rebirth. Hence why I named my blog/musing screen after one. :-) So, I am leaving this particular blog to start another one, one that fits me NOW, the one that I can share in a new way. So this feels right. Thanks to those who have read my musings throughout the years. I hope you follow me to my new musing home entitled THE TWELVE THAT IS DUSTIN BAYLAN. Yes, I am changing the name, the story of that is on the new blog for you to read. Here is the link: http://dustinbaylan.wordpress.com/ Much love, much hope and joy again, much potential... Winks and smiles of the Cat that is Cheshire, Dustin Baylan

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades