Skip to main content

Want to Take that Leap with Me?


I am humbled to be back at two places where people love me: my dear church family at 2nd Pres and at the land of the crazy retail, Pier 1.

I have new eyes when I work there now. I am so grateful to be seen, to be heard, to be cherished. They are wonderful people and I like that I am singing and living in that grand circle that is my life.

I have been all over the place the past few days due to new beginnings, yet another potential that did not pan out, and starting to really plan and think about the longevity and course of my life.

Do I want kids?
Do I want a husband?
How do I want my life to proceed? (Well, we all know those plans are never how it unfurls, but it is nice to think about and dream...)

The last week or so has seen the burgeoning of new traditions that I love: the cooking nights with wonderful food and fun with friends, some small gatherings at the house with great company... I am really discovering who I am and what I like to do NOW. And it is wonderful.

There are times I am overcome at how thrilling it is to be me: I am so MYSELF and odd and out there... at times it makes even me scratch my head. But I am so equipped for greatness (as we all are). It is merely learning how to harness those tools and take that leap into the brilliance that we all possess.

Want to take that leap with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin