Skip to main content

Glee




glee /gli/
–noun
1. open delight or pleasure; exultant joy; exultation.
2. an unaccompanied part song for three or more voices, popular esp. in the 18th century.

The past couple of days have:

been remarkable,
been unfamiliar,
been emotional,
ushered in a new era of spirituality.

I spoke with God again, really spoke. I cried. I thanked. I do not know what I believe entirely, but I do know that I believe in something and that thanking the world, cosmos, God, whatever one wants to label it... feels... good. I feel like I am returning to a place in my heart I thought I would never see again.

Much is on my mind and heart about connection, who I am, what I want, listening to heart and head alike, and feeling like life is perfectly bizarre and hysterical.

Tonight I watched two shows that brought me to a plane of hope, of gratitude, and of inspiration...

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
I think that dancers are art embodied and it was a visual and soul delight to watch the talented top 20 dance for the first "real" show of the season. It is the most talented reality show on the air in my opinion.

GLEE
This new show is already a favourite after one episode. Witty, eccentric, refreshing, and the songs and arrangements stir the senses. I cannot wait to see more stories and hear more material.

Art makes me breathe deeper and connect with another realm, a realm from which I walked away a few years ago out of fatigue and fear. It is time to let that fear go and start defining this exciting other world in my terms, listening to the intuition and inner voice I let atrophy.

No longer.

I feel like I am back again, only stronger, drenched in delicious soul hues I never knew were possible.

Being alive is remarkable... poppets.

I hope if you are reading this you have something in your life, your own personal glee, your communication with something that is beyond self, a place you can venture and paint with your kid's heart, that life is cuddling up beside you and saying, "Let's have fun."

Gleeful,
Dustin
P.S. One of the fun things about writing these musings is seeing how I have spelled some words incorrectly for my entire life. I pride myself on being an above average speller, but I have been spelling the word "atrophy" like "atrify". That is indeed wrong. It is not lost on me that a concept that means "a wasting away..." is spelled like a-trophy. Ha. Words are funny and my dear friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...