Skip to main content

A Day Well Lived


Nothing spectacular transpired today, but the fact that it was a sweet, simple day in and of itself was spectacular.

I delight in Sundays. In the days of Beam childhood, Sunday was the day where we rested in the afternoon and prepared for the upcoming week. Sometimes, I still travel back to those days.

It is nice to know that I can create it for myself and have my nostalgic Sunday nights. I performed two shows today so it was hardly restful, but thank goodness for Lifetime... yes, I know, but I do love me some "Army Wives" and "Drop Dead Diva". After watching these stories, I caught up on some of Season Two of "The Big Bang Theory". Sheldon is an utter riot, that Jim Parsons=goodness.

Also, I did something today I have not done in some time: I coloured. How gratifying was that? It fed the soul in a weird way (and not like those chicken soup books... although I must admit I have not read them, I merely wrote what sprung to mind and refuse to use the delete key - ha) and made me feel like a kid again.

So, nothing extravagant to report - Just a day that I cherished for its simplicity, as I fall asleep I will be thankful for a day well lived...

Here's wishing you the same,
Dustin

Postscript for poppets: I thought the dog looked like he experienced a day well-lived too so I thought I would include that... Plus, he made me smile. And I named him Barney. :-)

Comments

Meg said…
Does Barney love a girl dog named Robin?

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbroken Thread

Happy Christmas. It is upon us in this hour, this time, this day... after all the fuss, the frenetic pace, it smiles as it does each year finding us in some of the same places and in some different phases. I always flip through the rolodex of my life on this day, remembering the last 30 Christmases (well I guess I don't remember the first few that well) like they are all connected in one amazing thread charting my successes, my growth, my defeats, my darkness, and my light. Technically Christmas has not really begun. I have not done the ritual of heading to my Mom's and opening gifts and waltzing to see our Christmas film, but I have already been touched by Christmas. I write a lot, in this land of musings I have shared 257 writings with you, my friend, my reader spirits. Much has happened in these past two years, but let me simply write that I was not sure that I would ever enjoy Christmas again, ever really feel connected to it, no matter what I tried to do, I felt adrift ...

I Love the Clarks

I LOVE THE CLARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! (I used twelve exclamation marks/points to show the significance of the love and because twelve is my cosmic number.) It is that simple. Jay and Karen (and the illustrious Quin) allowed me to move into their lovely home under the proviso I would be out in a few days. Well that was October 18th and, look at your calendar folks, I am still here. I think that finally the light has bounced off of a nimbus cloud that I have not seen before and I might have a dwelling. But... I LOVE these two people. They just get me and leave me to my own devices. In this time where I have sequestered myself off into my own little respite lair, they have let me "do my own thing". And they are such lovely, talented, decent people. It has been my honour to get to know them more and their ultimate collaboration, THE Quin. He is the COOLEST child ever. I adore the boy. Tonight Jay, Karen, and I played a card game called Nerts. I am addicted and I saw new shades ...

Loving the Squiggly

I was typing the other day and instead of hitting the ! key I hit the ~ key. Two odd altercations happened between two friends and me via facebook so I have deactivated my account for a bit. It was hurtful and unexpected. So when I hit the ~ key it made me smile and forget all that nonsense. ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dustin